Auction Terms and Conditions
(Read carefully and completely)
1) Payment: Full payment due each sale day by cash, wire transfer, certified check, personal and business checks
will be accepted only when accompanied with bank letter of guarantee and are subject to Grundy Area Machinery Auction's
- Also credit card payments are accepted at Grundy Area Machinery Auction’s discretion;
- A convenience fee of 4% will apply to any purchase made with credit card.
- Grundy Area Machinery Auction reserves the right to accept cash only or pay by wire transfer for out of State buyers.
2) A 3% Buyers premium will be added to the purchase price of each item.
3) Sales Tax: All items will be charged Illinois State Sales Tax. Titled vehicles will be charged Illinois State
Sales Tax, unless you provide our office with a copy of a valid dealers license. For exemption from sales tax on
agricultural items, buyers will need to sign an agricultural exemption statement.
4) No items will leave the premises until payment has been made in full.
5) Any deletions or additions to the sale will be announced by the Auctioneer at anytime before or during the sale.
6) The lotting and order of the auction will be at the sole discretion of Grundy Area Machinery Auction.
7) ALL items are sold “AS IS” where is and with all faults. Property is open to public inspection. It is the Bidders
responsibility to determine age, condition, hours, miles, or any other determinative factor. Grundy Area Machinery Auction
will provide the best attempt to describe items and their faults. Grundy Area Machinery Auction will not be held responsible
for any misrepresentations, Bidder shall be the sole judge of value.
8) Bidding: In case of a tie bid, Auctioneer reserves the right to reopen the bid between only those two Bidders.
Anyone bidding for an account other than their own must obtain a separate bid number for that account. ALL
9) Grundy Area Machinery Auction reserves the right to revoke any bid card at any time.
10) All purchases must be removed from Auction site within 10 days from the date of the auction. Equipment not
removed after 30 days is subject to storage fees, resale, removed at Buyer’s expense.
11) Buyer assumes full responsibility for all items purchased when Auctioneer declares sold. Grundy Area Machinery Auction is
not responsible for security or the security of the items purchased. Grundy Area Machinery Auction is not responsible for
missing or misplaced items.
12) Buyer is responsible for all shipping logistics and costs. Grundy Area Machinery Auction or staff is not responsible for loading
or unloading any items but will assist you. Grundy Area Machinery Auction are not responsible for securing loads.
13) Auction Site: All Bidders at the auction site are there at their own risk. Bidder agrees the auction site is
potentially dangerous because of possible heavy equipment operation. Regardless of cause, Grundy Area Machinery Auction
or agents will not be responsible for any injury to anyone at the auction site.
14) Announcements on sale day supersede any and all previously released information including all oral or printed
material regardless of the medium.
15) ALL Buyers must acknowledge and accept by signature the terms and conditions provided at the time of
registration; also initials required at Buyers premium cap and credit card charge.